The late Mzee Peter Semetu Kaaka was laid to rest yesterday at his home in Oloika. Family, friends and elected leaders gathered in large numbers to say goodbye to a man who was well known beyond Oloika.
Prayers were held at Kiserian Seminary Catholic Church followed by the final send-off in Oloika.
Facts about the late Mzee Peter Semetu Kaaka
- He was born in 1940
- Went to School at Kiserian Primary School and sat for the Common Entrance Exam in 1955.
- Joined Kilimambogo Intermediate School in 1956 and then transferred to Government Maasai School in Narok
- He qualified to join Mang’u High School where he attained the Cambridge School Certificate in 1962.
- He graduated from Egerton College, Njoro with a diploma in Dairy Technology in 1965.
- 1966 – Joined Kenya Co-operative Creameries (KCC)
- 1974 – Joined Cadbury Schweppes and eventually becoming a general manager where he retired in 1995.
- He served as a board member – Postal Corporation Of Kenya, Kenya Revenue Authority, Kenya Literature Bureau, Ngong Land Board, Enoomatasiani Girls Secondary School, and Olooliser Dairy Co-operative Society. He was a founder member of Landing Club and served as the 3rd Chairman.
- Served as KANU Ngong Division Chairman for several years.
- Baptized in 1953 at Holy Ghost Missionary Catholic Church Riruta.
- Founder Member of St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Kiserian and was the Chairman of the construction committee for the new church.
- Member of the Catholic Men’s Association (CMA-K) and St. Stephen Small Christian Community until his death.
He was initiated under the Maasai custom and belonged to the Iseuri age group.
- He Married Mrs Irene Muthoni on 5th May 1973 in Nyeri.
- They were blessed with several children namely; Jane Gakau, the late Dorothy, the late Jimmy, Anthony Wachira, Michael Gatheru, Caroline Silantoi, Pauline Sialo, Paul Kipapei, and Peter Kasaine.
- He left behind 13 grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren
The late Mzee Peter Semetu Kaaka joined his maker peacefully on 15th February 2019.
May his soul rest in Peace