A very important forum was held last Friday 12th October in PEC house Ngong. Two proposed bills were presented to those in attendance;
- The Kajiado County Administrative Structures bill 2018
- The Kajiado County Inspectorate Service Bill 2018
Clause 3 of the Administrative Structures Bill 2018, indicates if the bill is passed by Kajiado Assembly, each village will have,
- A ward administrator who will be competitively selected. A diploma will be the minimum qualification for the position.
- A council of 2 to 5 elders. The elders will be over 35 yrs old and elected directly by the people. The elders will work together with the village administrator to ensure county government services reaches everybody.
Part 3 of the County Inspectorate Services Bill 2018, provides for the powers of officers of the inspectorate service. A section of the proposed bill says, any officer who arrests a hawker;
- Must take a full inventory, in presence of the hawker.
- The officer will issue the hawker with a copy of the inventory and keep one copy. If the hawker is taken to court and found not guilty, he or she will receive back all the goods impounded.
You can read the two proposed bills in full below.
THE KAJIADO COUNTY INSPECTORATE SERVICE BILL 2018