Community Fire Matasia

MATASIA: Saturday Night Fire Destroys Homes

Fire left two families homeless at Stevani Business House in Kamukuru, Matasia last Saturday night. The fire is claimed to have started at the children’s bedroom at around 11:30pm.   The fire affected only the two top floor units.

Margaret Wanjiru

Margaret Wanjiru who is a tenant in the building said at some point they felt so helpless they knelt down to pray to God.

Police and fire fighters were on scene although some residents claimed lack of water hydrants is also failing the fire fighters since they have to drive a distance to fetch more water.

Josiah Waweru

Josiah Waweru requested the county government to give disaster response department all the support.  He suggested for the fire department to be equipped with an ambulance and medics in-case there are injured people in such scenes.

Tabitha Waithera who lost everything during the fire. The fire started in her flat.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s